What do you need to know about non-converted files?
You can upload all document types to the Vault, but not all documents can be converted by the viewer. When a document is not converted it cannot be viewed online or downloaded as a secured pdf. If the permissions have been granted, the file or files can be downloaded in their original format. Visit Set permissions to learn how to grant different levels of access.
In this article you will learn how documents are displayed in the Vault when they are not converted, which types of files are converted and which not, and the most common reasons for documents not to convert.
Three things you need to keep in mind when you have Non-converted files:
1. When the file is not converted, a grey line is displayed through the document icon. Navigate to the Details pane on the right to understand why the file is not converted. If possible, download the file.
2. When trying to view the document online, you and your users will see the image below.
3. Non-converted files are displayed in the Unsupported files report available for Vault Admins.
Document types converted by the viewer:
Document types not converted by viewer:
See below the most common reasons for files to be not converted:
- File is queued to be prepared by the viewer
- File is currently being prepared for the viewer
- File type is not supported by the viewer
- File is not supported by the viewer
- File contains external data sources
- File contains too many pages (more than 1500)
- File is too big (bigger than 100 MB)
- File is password protected.