What are Other Documents for?
In this article you will learn what are Other documents for and the best practices when using this element of the Documents section.
We advise you to use Other Documents for the following purposes:
Transactional documents such as the LOI or the signed NDA that do not have a place in the structure. Visit Best practice Other Documents: Transactional documents to learn all you need know about creating these folders.
A Q&A folder for each buyer group when multiple buyers are active. Documents that should not be visible to the other parties, and don’t fit in the structure of the Vault can be shared in these folders. Visit Best practice Other Documents: Q&A folder to learn how create and use these folders.
External communications folder when multiple buyers are active. You can create an additional folder to add all the external communication records such as emails, Teams negotiation calls and video recordings.
We do not recommend using the Other Documents environment to upload the entire folder structure with documents for the following reasons:
- Folders and documents are arranged alphabetically.
- Folders and documents cannot have the same name.
- The order of folders and documents cannot be changed.
- Mass rename feature is not available.
- Import Questions in Q&A is not available.
- Insights are built by the activities in the Index, not Other Documents.
- All users land on Index Documents, so the Vault looks empty if only Other Documents is filled