How to set permissions?
For each role in your Vault, you can set permissions up to document level. It's up to you!
To set permissions for a role, use the steps below.
Log in to your Vault and navigate to the role you are going to set the permissions for.
1. Select Set permissions next to a role.
2. Choose between All Content (default) or Custom permissions.
All Content: By default, the permissions of a role are set for All content. This means that the same permissions for this role apply to all contents in the Vault. By default, the setting is No access. You can grant content permissions by selecting one of the permission icons.
Custom: Use Content permissions when you need to set different permissions between folders and documents. Visit Set permissions on one specific document or folder to learn more about performing this action.
3. Choose one of the content permissions, by clicking on the icon. The icon will become blue. See two examples below.
All content is set to View online only.
Permissions are switched to Custom. All content is set to Download original, except for the folder Human Resources.
4. Choose to disable Mass download or not (enabled by default). When enabled, users can download multiple files at once. This applies to original files, as well as secured PDF copies. Read more about Mass download and watermark setups.
5. Choose to enable a Watermark or not (enabled by default). When enabled, watermarks will be displayed on documents in the online viewer and on secured PDFs. Read more about Mass download and watermark setups.
6. Choose to enable the Office 365 viewer (view functionality is enabled by default). Visit Enable Office 365 Viewer to learn more about the different possibilities when using this feature. (This option is only available in the Buy side permissions window.)
7. Choose to enable Activity reports or not (disabled by default). When enabled, users can download content activity of all users in this role. Visit Document activity by user report to learn more about the content of this report.
8. Click on Save to finalize the action.