Start a new project!
How can you start a new project?
To be able to start a new project by yourself, you need to be part of an Organization on the Virtual Vaults platform. If you are, go to secure.virtualvaults.com/my-vv/
In your projects overview you will see the option "Start new project" on the top right:
After clicking on this button you get the choice between starting your new project in a Workspace or starting directly in a Data Room:
Only if your Organization has an active Workspace subscription (Free or Plus), you can create new projects starting in Workspace.
The first decision you have to make is: who will pay for the Vault?
Organizations with billing information can choose the Organization or a third party (e.g. the Target company). However, Organizations without billing info can only use the third party option.
Follow these steps to create a new Data Room from your Organization:
1. Select a term and a plan:
Select your preferred term length and plan to make sure it fits your needs. 2. Fill out the Vault details:
What should the name of the Vault be? And who will manage the Vault?
3. Accept the billing info as stated in the demo overview below:
Is everything you see here correct? If so, agree to the billing information and continue
After ticking the box on the bottom you are able to create the Vault.
"The billing information above is correct. I understand that this will be used as my invoice address and cannot be changed afterwards"
If you decide to let your client or any other third party pay for the Vault, you should follow a different workflow. Click on the option "Third party" and follow these steps:
1. The first screen is an introduction and short summary of the process.
It is also possible to download a sample of the Service Agreement. You can click on "Next".
2. Sign up for the Data Room and fill out the details.
You are asked to fill out several fields of information to compose the agreement:
- Data room name: you can prefill the name of the Vault. This will be shown on the Service Agreement when this is sent to the third party.
- Opening date: you can prefill the opening date of the Vault. If the Service Agreement is signed after this date, the Data Room will be opened immediately after.
- "Suggest me as Admin": this tick box allows you to be prefilled as Primary Vault Admin in the agreement. This can be removed by the person who receives the agreement to sign.
- Legal representative: this is the person who receives the semi-prefilled agreement and who needs to sign it. Fill out all relevant details.
* Accompanying message: here you can inform the recipient of the agreement about certain matters, such as an advised plan and term or just an announcement.
- Where is the customer located?: Select either EU, UK or Other. After selecting the "region" the currency and contract language should also be selected.
By clicking "Send" the Service Agreement is sent via DocuSign. You will see the following pop-up screen with this message as a confirmation:
3. You and the recipient of the agreement receive an email. This email informs you both about the request for this Service Agreement. It explains what the process is and if help is needed, where to find it. The email looks something like the example below:
4. The recipient will receive a second email with a link to the DocuSign. The recipient now needs to fill out the requested financial information, but also needs to make the choice which Subscription plan and term will be used.
He or she can change the opening date, name of the Data Room, Vault Admins and is requested to choose the data storage location.
5. After the signing is completed, the Vault will be automatically created on the opening date that was filled in the Service Agreement.
Our dedicated Customer Success team will contact the Vault Admins if a kick-off is requested.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team: Support@virtualvaults.com +31 (0) 88 238 2240.