Understanding the Documents Audit Legend
Once you have extracted and loaded the data of the audit file in Excel, you are ready to review the information. This article gives you a quick overview of the tracked actions and how to interpret them in the Document Audit Legend.
If you haven't extracted and loaded the data of the audit file in Excel, visit Open the Audit Logs to learn how to perform these actions.
Your Document Audit Legend workbook consists of twelve columns.
Timestamp: Exact date and time of the action in CET.
Action: Performed action
- DocumentCreate = User uploads document, User creates folder, User creates placeholder
- DocumentDelete = User deletes document or folder
- DocumentDownload = User downloads document
- DocumentModified = User renames document or folder
- DocumentMove = User moves document or folder
- DocumentPrint = User downloads a secured PDF of the document
- DocumentView = User views document
- LogIn = Login of a user
- MassDownload = User downloads the contents of a complete folder or the complete Vault
- NodeAccess = Navigation in the Vault and the wizards. If Page is 1 this concerns a preview
- NodePermissionChanged = User changes permission on root, folder or document level
- Reindex = User changes index number due to reindex action or deletion
Role: User's role
Permission: Added or deleted permissions
- ADD = Permission is added
- DEL = Permission is deleted
- Change Structure = Permission to make changes in the order of the structure
- CopyDocument = Permission to copy document*
- DeleteDocument = Permission to delete folder, document, or placeholder**
- DenyAccess = No permission to view folder, document or placeholder
- DownloadDocument = Permission to download folder, document or placeholder
- EditDocument = Permission to rename folder, document or placeholder
- MoveDocument = Permission to move folder, document or placeholder**
- PrintDocument = Permission to download secured PDF of a document
- UploadDocument = Permission to upload folder, document or placeholder
- View = Permission to view folder, document or placeholder
* extinct permission
** only functional in combination with Change Structure
Page: Page number in document. If page number is -1 the document viewer is closed.
Viewer Session: ID of the session in which the user used the document viewer.
History Type: Substatus of the given action.
Only applicable to 'DocumentModified', 'DocumentMove' and 'Reindex'.
Before: Old situation
In case of 'DocumentMove' or 'Reindex': the old index number of the folder, document or placeholder.
In case of 'DocumentModified': the old title.
After: New situation
In case of 'DocumentMove' or 'Reindex': the new index number of the folder, document or placeholder.
In case of 'DocumentModified': the new name of the folder, document or placeholder.
Still have questions? Our Customer Success team is happy to help. Contact our team on 088 - 238 22 40 or firstname.lastname@example.org.