What is a cloud archive?
A cloud archive is a method to securely store the data from the Vault online. This enables the recipient(s) of the archive to perform a full download of the requested perspective(s) content from the cloud.
It is an optional add-on to the archive on USB
Exactly the same contents as the archive on USB (including comfort letter)
Available shortly after request
Available in My Virtual Vaults
Available for 1 year
Only available to the recipient of a USB
When requesting an archive on USB Vault Admins will have the option to request a cloud archive in addition to a USB. After the request, Vault Admins will receive a confirmation email regarding the archive request. The cloud archive will be processed shortly after request. When the cloud archive is available for the download, the recipient will receive an email with a link to the cloud archive. Be aware that this email is different from the confirmation email regarding the archive on USB.
1. Check your email inbox and look for an email from Virtual Vaults - Support. Make sure you check your spam or junk folder, as well as any inbox filters, just in case emails from Virtual Vaults are being sent there by mistake.
2. Click the link in the email that says "Go to my cloud archives". You will be redirected to my Virtual Vaults and after logging in you will see the Cloud Archive Portal.
3. Click on the Details drop-down menu.
4. Download your archive file by clicking on the Vault name.exe file. A download will immediately start.
5. Navigate to your Downloads folder and use the password in the Cloud Archive Portal to open the self extracting zip file. If you want to learn how to perform this action visit this article.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ's here or contact our Customer Success team on 088 - 238 22 40 or email@example.com.