How to rename multiple document and folder names?
Use the Mass rename feature to change the title and description of folders and documents in one action. The Mass rename feature allows you to download an Excel template, to edit it offline and upload it back to the Vault.
To use the mass rename feature, use the following steps.
1. Select the Mass rename feature in the Manage pane tab.
2. Download the template. This file contains the index of your Vault, or the index of the folder you have selected.
3. Open the downloaded template in Excel. Enter the new names for the folders and/or documents in the "NEW TITLE" column. If you would like to rename the description of folders, use the column "NEW DESCRIPTION". It is also possible to perform a 'find and replace' action. Press Ctrl+H to initiate the search.
4. Once you're done, save the Excel sheet and upload the template back to the Vault using the file drop area. See image below.
5. Click on Check file to process the file, see the results and follow the instructions. When the imported sheet is not accepted, amend the rows that caused the error or download a new template.
6. When the imported sheet is accepted, select Start mass rename. The document and folder names will be edited.