Using a placeholder
What is a placeholder?
A placeholder is a text line that resembles a document and has an index number. A placeholder is not a file, it acts as a short textual reference. In this article you will learn how to you use a placeholder and how to insert it in your document structure.
- A placeholder can indicate that a question from the questionnaire is not applicable, available or that it is being processed.
- A placeholder can indicate that the information can be found in another folder (then a file does not need to be uploaded twice).
- When a document is deleted after the Vault has been opened a placeholder can be used to maintain the indexation, the deleted document is replaced by a placeholder.
- If a document is going to be uploaded later and you want to prevent changes in the index, a placeholder can be used until then.
- A placeholder is part of the closing archive on USB. However if a description is added to a placeholder to provide more information, this is not added to the USB.
|1. Navigate to the Documents section of your Vault.|
|2. Select the folder (or subfolder) where you want to insert the placeholder.|
|3. Look for the Manage pane on the right side of your screen and click Create placeholder.|
4. Give your placeholder a name or write down a note (yes/no/N/A) and click Ok to finalize the action. (Users are notified when a new placeholder is created).