What are Other Documents for?
In this article you will learn the use of Other documents and how to set it up for multiple buyer groups.
Why use Other Documents?
- When multiple buyer groups have been invited and buyer specific documents need to be visible only to themselves. Creating these folders for each buyer group in the Index will result in a gap in the numbering. This can potentially expose that there are other buyers in the Vault and perhaps how many.
- Use Other Documents to share the following buyer specific documents:
- Transactional documents.
- Additional documents requested through the Q&A.
- External communications records such as emails, Teams negotiation calls and video recordings.
- Part of disclosed information and present on the USB archive.
How not to use Other Documents
We do not recommend putting the complete folder structure in Other Documents for the following reasons:
- Folders and documents are arranged alphabetically.
- Folders and documents at the same level cannot have the same name.
- The order of folders and documents cannot be changed.
- Mass rename feature is not available.
- Import Questions in Q&A is not available.
- Insights looks only at activities in the Index, not Other Documents.
- All users land on Index Documents, so the Vault looks empty if the complete folder structure and documents are in Other Documents.
Setting up Other Documents for multiple groups
|1. Create a folder per buyer group in Other Documents. Visit Add new folders in case you have doubts on how to add a folder.|
|2. Grant each buyer group permissions on their specific folder. Visit Set Permissions to learn how to this.|
|3. Visit Upload (additional) documents in case you have questions on how you can upload your documents. It is possible to upload your documents directly from the Q&A module. Visit Upload a new document in the Q&A to learn more about this.|