How to use the redaction tool?
Workspace enables users to redact documents by removing sensitive images and text from documents.
Please keep in mind that the redaction tool is applicable only to Microsoft Office and pdf files.
1. Look for the file you want to redact and click on the Three dots.
2. Click on Redact.
It is also possible to start redacting from the details view of the file:
4. You can now start redacting the desired file(s) and select the word(s) or text within the file you would like to redact.
Text selection: Search or select the phrase or word you want remove. The tool will automatically search for all other occurrences of the text and will immediately select them for redaction. If you don't want to remove all the occurrences, untick their corresponding tick box and click Mark for redaction.
Use the area redaction tool to cover bigger areas of text, an image or a logo for example.
Area selection: Select the area you want to redact. Be aware that while using the area selection mode, the system won't perform an automatic search through the rest of your document for hits.
Repeat these steps with as many different words or logos as you want to redact in the document.
If you need to remove one of the areas, click on the block you want to delete and follow by clicking on the bin icon. You can also remove everything at once by clicking the Remove all option on the right side of your screen.
If the area you want to redact is sequential in multiple pages, you can also use the Apply to all pages option.
Use the "Apply to all pages" option to add your area redaction of a certain paragraph or logo to all follow-up pages too.
1. After creating an area redaction, a button in the top action bar will appear with the text: All pages This button can also be found when selecting the area you marked for redaction, underneath the selection.
Next to the recycle bin, it will say Apply to all pages
2. After you’ve clicked this button, you will need to confirm and the specific area is redacted on all the pages of the document in the redaction tool.
3. If you need to remove certain "duplicates" of the area selection on pages where this is not applicable, you can click on the recycle bin. You will be given the option to remove the selected redaction or remove the redaction from all pages.
When all necessary information has been marked for redaction in the document, using text- and or area selection, you can check the file before creating a final version.
In case other users, such as your colleagues, need to continue working on the redacted file or need review it, click on the option Save draft.
Check all the redacted parts of your file and if everything is correct you can click on Finalize.
When checking the file, you find out alterations are needed? Click on Edit to start the redaction process again.